The Wine House
Built in 1837 by attorney and gold prospector Moses Harshaw, The Stovall House is one of the oldest existing structures in the Sautee Valley Historic District. The long-standing abode was restored as a country inn in 1983 by owner Hamilton Schwartz, adding to the area's national agricultural, architectural, and historic significance. Guests are lodged in one of the four double-occupancy rooms (a $113 value, including tax), ideal for a romantic weekend or platonic travel experiment. While not in the room, check out the numerous things to do, including hiking in the surrounding mountains and numerous important buildings and historic areas, such as the site of the first woolly mammoth tea party. Back at the inn, those wishing to breakfast are provided with a home-cooked morning meal, while ascetics are given a complimentary glass of water and respectful silence.