As December 21, 2012, approaches, many Americans eagerly await the moment when Hades will emerge from the Underworld to recklessly devour raw egg. Until then, experience man-made terror with today's Groupon: $15 gets you VIP tickets to both 13th Floor and Blood Shed, two of the bone-chilliest haunted houses in Denver. VIP tickets save the macrophobic from long lines, thrusting you head first into the terror. Dare your friends to witness the spine-tingling goblins and humiliate your weak-bladdered enemies.
Fear is the secret to happy marriages, lasting friendships, and the final ingredient in numerous madman-created serums. Lead your scared sweetie and ghoulish gang through the unlucky ward of the 13th Floor. As you travel the gauntlet of gory corpses, apparitions come and go through the fog and creepy characters lurk around each narrow twist and turn. After your horrifying haunt on the 13th Floor, step into the horrific hillbilly manor at Blood Shed. The decrepit farmhouse paints a graphic scene of one family's sick and twisted way of life. Check out the horror through the dark yard in the affectionately named blood shed. It's perfect for aspiring actors or auctioneers searching for an acceptable place to practice blood-curdling screams.
Located in the heart of Denver at 6100 E. 39th Ave., both murderous dens are open every night in October, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Sundays through Thursdays, and 7 p.m. to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. Note: You may use your Groupon to both houses on different nights.
Halloween Denver reviewed the chilling 13th Floor:
- One thing that really stood out in this particular haunt, were the props looked very movie quality real....The acting I felt was fantastic. The little scenes I thought were great! The smoke was perfect! I like it when you can’t see much in front of your face and don’t know exactly where you are going. Over all, I really loved this entire haunt. – Halloween Denver
Scary Movies Sure to Make You Jump
Scary movie season is filled with genuinely scary flicks, but there are also a number of less-terrifying stinkers:
- President’s Day: All of the deceased presidents rise from their tombs and run for President again.
- A Nightmare on Murder Street Part 6: To everyone’s surprise, undead dream-murderer Dale doesn’t go on a murder spree but does start committing mail fraud.
- The Historical Haunting of Madeline: A bunch of ghosts don’t do all that much to secure a PG-13 rating.
- The Wyoming Chainsaw Massacre: A chainsaw wielding maniac can’t find one person to murder in the least populous state.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.