Inviting somebody to break bread is an act of hospitality, like when a strongman breaks his door in half so you can come inside. Share a meal with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$95 for a catered Afghan meal for 15 people (up to a $195 value)
- Choice of two types of skewers: chicken breast, ground chicken breast, boneless dark meat, bone-in chicken, ground beef, lamb, or beef
- Choice of one type of rice: spinach rice, saffron rice, seasoned brown rice, or seasoned brown rice with carrots and raisins
- Choice of one vegetable side: eggplant, cauliflower, chickpeas, spinach, potato curry, or lentils
- Choice of salad or hummus
- Afghan bread
- Hot, mild, or tzatziki sauce
- Soda or water<p>
$10 for $20 worth of Afghan cuisine from the menu, which includes kebabs of marinated lamb ($12.95), ground beef ($10.95), or boneless chicken breast ($10.95).<p>
Afghan Kabob House
Charcoal-heated grills sear hearty kebabs of halal meats at Afghan Kabob House, flooding the restaurant with the scents of roasting chicken, lamb, and beef. To accompany the skewers, cooks toss together leafy salads, bake pillowy naan in a tandoor-style oven, and unite seasoned rice with saffron or carrots and raisins. The menu also boasts 20 different flavors of shisha for its hookahs, which encourage diners to lounge around after their meal and practice forming the perfect ring or Möbius strip out of smoke.
My husband and I enjoyed this restaurant tremendously!Reviewer, Google+ Local, 11 months ago
Delicious! The main courses, sides and afghan bread are all wonderful.Merrie, Urbanspoon, 3/1/10
92% of 571 customers recommend
“Food was decent but pricey, had the lamb chops pretty good, got take out order, would return to dine in”
“Great chicken, lamb and beef kabob”
“Good bread, spinach and cauliflower , chick peas were delicious... Shrimp was very good .”
2045 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, Virginia 22201