The human body, unlike raisins, white wine, and the wit of Oscar Wilde, isn't meant to be dry. Return the body to its natural state with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $15 for a daytime standup-paddleboard rental for one (a $30 value)
- $25 for a 24-hour standup-paddleboard rental for one (a $50 value)
- $40 for a two-day standup-paddleboard rental for one (an $80 value)
- $129 for a one-hour private standup-paddleboard lesson or tour for two (a $300 value)
- $25 for $50 toward the purchase of a paddleboard, which ranges from $739.99 to $1,499
For the one-hour lesson or tour, couples can either take a private lesson or a private guided tour along designated aquatic trails, including routes overlooking the Charleston Harbor or in various creeks, inlets, and waterways around the barrier islands.
Catch Some Air
The crash of the waves. The smell of salt spray. Sudden gusts of wind whipping in from off the water. For most people, a trip to the beach is a once-in-a-while vacation, but for the aquatic athletes at Catch Some Air, it's just another day at the office. Armed with an armada of surfboards, kiteboards, and standup paddleboards, their instructors share their own water-walking know-how during lessons held on the gentle surf that laps the shores of Mt. Pleasant and the surrounding barrier islands. After learning the ropes atop their board of choice, customers can decamp to the board shop, where new equipment and accessories from brands including Palm Head Boards, Hyperflex, and Reef await new owners.
While beach-bound activities are the team's primary focus, instructors also share tips for surfing asphalt expanses during the shop's skateboard lessons. Paired with a new shortboard and ramp from the shop's inventory, lessons help new skaters learn how to balance on their board and execute basic tricks.