Athleticism is more than leaping over a hurdle and drop-kicking a computer after it beats you in chess. Be a good sport with this Groupon.
- $89 for one week of half-day basketball fundamentals, ball-handling, and shooting camp for a child aged 1st through 8th grade ($179 value)
Choose from the following sessions:
- June 16–20 from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- June 23–27 from 8:30 a.m. to noon
- July 14–18 from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- July 21–25 from 8:30 a.m. to noon
- July 28 – August 1 from 8:30 a.m. to noon
- August 4–8 from 8:30 a.m. to noon
- August 11 – August 15 from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- August 18–22 from 8:30 a.m. to noon
Half-day camp sessions run Monday through Friday and include a T-shirt and basketball for each child.
Coach Celester Collier Basketball Camp
Just like professional athletes, kids need to stay active during the off season. Enter Coach Celester Collier, head coach for Bowie High School. Working alongside his son, Coach Collier lends his expertise to young athletes during week-long day camps at SoccerZone South Austin's 35,000-square-foot indoor sports facility.
Here, the coach takes campers through the fundamentals of basketball. He instructs and drills them on dribbling, passing, shooting, and rebounding. As a reward for their efforts, Coach Collier sends campers home with their own T-shirts and basketballs, which will one day hatch into team mascots.