True wine connoisseurs teach themselves to distinguish varietals, identify flawed bottles, and cry pure chardonnay. Become one with the grape with this Groupon.
$50 for a Wine Class for Two ($100 Value)
Choose from the following classes, all of which start at 6 pm:
- How to Taste Like a Pro at Delmonico's Steakhouse on Monday, January 14
- How to Taste Like a Pro at the Hospitality Management Center on Public Square on Wednesday, January 23
- California Gems at Delmonico's Steakhouse on Monday, January 28
- California Gems at the Hospitality Management Center on Wednesday, January 30
- Classic Blends from Around the World at the Hospitality Management Center on Monday, February 4
- Classic Blends from Around the World at Delmonico's Steakhouse on Monday, February 11
- Old World vs. New World at Delmonico's Steakhouse on Monday, February 25
American Wine School
Grape guru and oenophile Marianne Frantz, who holds a diploma from London's Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) and who earned an Advanced Sommelier qualification from the Court of Master Sommeliers, founded American Wine School in 2002. She and her school have gone on to shepherd more than 10,000 sippers through classes, tastings, and grape-lookalike contests. Marianne, along with her knowledgeable staff, impart their vino wisdom in classes that range from the basic Wine 101 to the more extensive WSET certification courses. The school's classes and special events have even spilled into seven different states, teaching tongues across the nation to swirl, sniff, and taste the adult beverages and analyze why drinking wine while doing taxes is a bad idea.