Being wined and dined is often a precursor to big requests, such as Can you finish this jug of wine for me? or Would you sign my petition to install a municipal wine fountain? Compromise just the right amount of judgment with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$29 for an Indian meal for two (up to an $82.75 total value)
- Two appetizers, soups, or salads (up to a $10.95 value each)
- One serving of naan (a $2.95 value)
- Two entrees (up to $20.95 value each)
- Two glasses of wine or lassi's or small beers (up to an $8 value each)
$54 for an Indian meal for four (up to a $165.50 total value)
- Four appetizers, soups, or salads (up to a $10.95 value each)
- Two servings of naan (a $2.95 value each)
- Four entrees (up to $20.95 value each)
- Four glasses of wine or lassi's or small beers (up to an $8 value each)
See the full food menu. The wine list includes options such as Mionetto prosecco, Montevina white zinfandel, and Jacob’s Creek shiraz; beer options include the Indian brews 1947, Taj Mahal, and Kingfisher, in addition to Heineken, Stella Artois, and Amstel Light.
Aromatic herbs and spices, such as ginger, garlic, and saffron, are the foundation of Indian cuisine. Chef Mathew of Amla roasts and grinds these and other spices every day to season a South Indian menu of dishes such as yogurt-marinated basil chicken, lamb boti kebabs, and seasonal achari mushrooms, which simmer in a mélange of turmeric, coriander, and cumin. No matter what they order, diners are likely to find it accompanied by an unusual amuse-bouche: a preparation of amalaki, the Indian gooseberry plant from which the restaurant takes its name. Depending on the season, Chef Mathew may incorporate the flowers, fruit, leaves, or root into a complimentary treat, inspired by the plant’s many uses in Ayurvedic herbology. Born in Mumbai, the chef studied for more than a decade in high-end kitchens in India before arriving at Amla’s brick-walled, white-tableclothed storefront, where he’ll gladly take requests to make dishes extra spicy for a chili lover or extra-salty for a chili lover’s arch nemesis.
Upper West Side
New York, New York 10025