Learning to knit relieves stress through repetitive motions and the knowledge that you can always escape police detection in a flock of sheep. Pick up survival skills with this Groupon.
$19 for a Two-Class Beginning-Knitting Course ($40 Value)
Choose from the following dates:
- Sundays, June 2 and June 9, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays, June 23 and June 30, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays, July 21 and July 28, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays, August 4 and August 11, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays, August 25 and September 1, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays, August 7 and August 14, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesdays, August 21 and August 28, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesdays, June 18 and June 25, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays, July 16 and July 23, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays, July 30 and August 6, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Under the tutelage of instructor Anne Lecrivain-Cozzoli, up to 16 students per class learn the basics of knitting, from the cast-on, knit, and purl stitches to simple increases and decreases. Each student needs a set of knitting needles in size 10.5 or 11 and one ball of chunky-weight smooth yarn in a light solid color. Participants may bring their own supplies or take advantage of a 10% discount on supplies in the store, where the average price is $14–$20.
Anacapa Fine Yarns
The knitting instructors and enthusiasts at Anacapa Fine Yarns foster a welcoming, serene environment in which beginners and experts alike can further their skills and pick up supplies for their next project. A diverse offering of classes ranges from beginning knitting to more advanced classes such as Extreme Double Knitting, in which students craft a warm beanie, and Continental Converts, which teaches a quicker method for churning out scarves to stave off threats of snowman rebellion. Instruction takes place in a 1,900-square-foot classroom separate from the shop area, transforming on Thursday nights into an open workshop for anyone who'd like to work on a personal project alongside friends.
100% of 63 customers recommend
“Nice people...very helpful.”
“Really enjoying the beginning knitting class! Love our teacher, Anne. She is really patient and good at showing even the less crafty student, like me, how to begin...”
“Really enjoying the beginning knitting class! Love our teacher, Anne. She is really patient and good at showing even the less crafty student, like me, how to begin knitting. Looking forward to our class next week for more fun and learning.”