Photographers preserve subjects' precious memories, abolishing the need to hastily scoop reflections out of nearby fountains. Seek permanence with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$59 for an Introduction to Photoshop class (a $125 value)
- Led by Adobe-certified expert Scott Donschikowski
- Learn how to use Adobe Camera Raw to manipulate photos
- Includes white-balance correction, sharpening, and photo merging
$59 for an Introduction to Photography class (a $135 value)
- Led by award-winning nature photographer Stephen W. Oachs
- Covers essential topics including aperture, shutter speed, white balance, and ISO
- Catered snacks and student prizes
Recipient of the National Wildlife Federation's 2007 Photographer of the Year and National Geographic's 2008 Best Nature Photographer awards, Aperture Academy founder Stephen Oachs has dedicated himself to passing on camera know-how to newly minted picture snappers alongside a team of pro teachers. His beautiful, wood-floored studio and gallery hosts classes that usher beginners through their first forays into photography. These sessions impart such advanced techniques as high-quality printing and using Photoshop to give red eye to every family member who refused to say "cheese." Workshops spirit students to beautiful locales throughout California, giving budding photographers the chance to hone their skills in stunning natural environments.