A wood-burning oven gives pizza crusts their smoky flavor—plus, you can fuel it with that old Victorian wardrobe you were just going to throw away. Taste flame-kissed food with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $40.75 for an Italian dinner for two (up to a $65.30 total value)
- $74 for an Italian dinner for four (up to a $130.60 total value)
For each person, the meal includes:
- One salad (up to a a $9.95 value)
- One small gourmet wood-fired pizza, small traditional pizza, or pasta (up to a $16.95 value)
- One soft drink, Angelo Portetti beer, or glass of house cabernet sauvignon or chardonnay (up to a $5.75 value)
How many awards can a pizza win? Apparently all of them, if it was crafted at Avanti Cafe. Since it first started spinning dough in 1987, the restaurant's gourmet wood-fired pizzas have earned accolades from outlets including Pasadena Magazine and a thumbs-up from famed food critic Elmer Dills. The secret to each slice's success lies in how the pies are made—gently crisped in an imported Italian wood-burning oven that imparts a smoky flavor to the crust. California-centric toppings, such as glazed apples, tiger shrimp, duck sausage, and shiitake mushrooms, provide the finishing touch.
Avanti's tasteful touch extends to other Italian staples as well. Chefs toss chicken and seasonal vegetables into pastas that, like the pizzas, can be made gluten-free upon request; they also fold up savory calzones. The warming cuisine is complemented by a selection of international wines and beers, as well as espresso drinks to fuel second or third helpings.