Though the Scottish shepherds who invented golf liked it for its challenges, Scottish sheep liked it because it gave them ample time to nap in shepherds' pickup trucks. Find your own reason to enjoy golf with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $45 for an 18-hole round of golf with cart rental, one lunch item, and one drink Monday–Thursday (up to a $94.50 total value)
- $55 for the above Friday–Sunday (up to a $113.50 total value)
After finishing out a round, players can grab a seat at Mulligan’s, the onsite full bar and restaurant that serves sandwiches for lunch between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. daily.
Avila Beach Golf Resort
The championship course at Avila Beach Golf Resort hugs a tidal estuary that empties into the scenic San Luis Harbor, offering players dramatic views of the Pacific as they work their way through 18 holes. Designers Olin Dutra and Desmond Muirhead keep players on their toes with two distinct nine-hole sides, with the front nine draping over hilly terrain and the back nine traversing the coast and all of its singing fish. Throughout rounds, players corral their golf balls over kikuyu-grass fairways in pursuit of bentgrass greens, each mown short to produce quick-moving putts.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 71 course
- Total length of 6,580 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 70.3 from the back tees
- Course slope of 133 from the back tees
- Three sets of tees per hole