In India, it's considered polite to eat only with the right hand, which leaves the left hand free to tousle the hair of the restaurant's designated scamp. Mind your manners with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
$8 for $16 worth of vegetarian Indian food, from the all-vegetarian menu, such almond soup ($4.99), raj kachori chatt ($6.99), and the vegetarian paneer steak dinner ($13.99)
$10 for afternoon Indian tea service for two (a $20 value)
$20 for afternoon Indian tea service for four (a $40 value)
Each tea service includes the following per pair:
- Selection of made-from-scratch Indian teas, such as masala chai tea with cardamom and ginger; Indian coffee; cardamom; or saffron milk; vegan options available
- Four sample-sized appetizers: bhelpuri chat, green-pea kachori, mini dosa, and veggie pakora
- Two sample-sized desserts: gulab jamun and sesame brittle
- Available Tuesday–Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.; reservations required
$99 for an Indian catering package for up to 10 people (a $210 value)
- Appetizer of veggie pakora
- Main course with vegetable biryani rice, lentil dish, and choice of one of the following:
- Potato curry
- Chickpea curry
- Palak panir curry
- Millet or whole-wheat bread
- Choice of dessert: gulab jamun or mango medley
- 10 bottles of water
- Cutlery, paper plates, and napkins
Customers may buy multiple catering Groupons for larger groups of people.
Banana Leaf fills its dining room with platefuls of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free Indian meals cooked with fresh spices ground in-house. The juices from 16 curry dishes and seven rice specialties can be mopped from the plate with 10 different Indian breads and washed down with lassi drinks. Banana Leaf’s catering services, which serve small gatherings to weddings with more than 1,000 guests, both please party hosts and literally sustain festive homemakers stuck in a web of their own decorations.