Basketball was invented in the 1800s as an activity for people who didn't want to play volleyball but did want to bat around something about the size of a human head. Have old-fashioned fun with this Groupon.
Choose from Seven Options
$99 for 10 weekly basketball lessons ($275 value). Choose from the following locations and options:
At Sewickley Academy:
- Thursday night skills sessions — September 11 to November 13 — 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday basketball boot camps — September 6 to November 8 — 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Saturday basketball elite skills workouts — September 6 to November 8 — 11 a.m. to noon
- Sunday basketball boot camps — September 7 to November 9 — 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Sunday basketball elite skills workouts — September 7 to November 9 — noon to 1 p.m.
At Monroeville Sports Center:
- Monday night skills sessions — September 8 to November 10 — 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
At Hillcrest Christian Academy in Bethel Park:
- Tuesday night skills sessions — September 9 to November 11 — 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
At Sports & Courts in Wexford:
- Wednesday night skills sessions — September 10 to November 12 — 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Basketball Stars of America
Since Basketball Stars of America was established in 2007, more than 25 of its participants have gone on to play at the Division 1 level, and more than 100 have played in college at some level. Such success is a testament to founder Daryn Freedman, who has been part of multiple NBA coaching staffs and has worked with some of the sport's biggest stars. Over the years, coach Freedman has assembled a staff of highly educated and respected coaches—many of whom formerly played in D-1 themselves and current varsity high school coaches. Together, these high-hooping all stars lead year-round developmental and competitive programs for boys and girls across Western Pennsylvania. They run boot camps, seasonal camps, and even leagues so players can show off their skills on the court or in the courtroom as part of a bold new legal strategy.
“Really nice and professional staff. ”
“My son has learned more than he did in school camps in 2 yrs. Coaches are fantastic!”
“Nice program, however it could be better organized or perhaps a different location or facility that provides more functional options for the participants. There was...”
“Nice program, however it could be better organized or perhaps a different location or facility that provides more functional options for the participants. There was not a safety requirement for picking up your child. Sign out sheet. More skill train”