If humankind never learned to play with its food, it would never have learned to play with its ingredients, and the world would be one bereft bowl of gruel. Taste the fruits of culinary creativity with today's Groupon to Bijou Restaurant & Bar. Choose from the following options:
- For $39, you get a three-course prix fixe dinner for two (up to a $105 total value). The dinner includes:
- Two appetizers (up to an $11.50 value each)
- Two entrees (up to a $28 value each)
- Two desserts (a $7 value each)
- Two glasses of champagne (a $6 value each)
- For $75, you get a three-course prix fixe dinner for four (up to a $210 total value). The dinner includes:
- Four appetizers (up to an $11.50 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $28 value each)
- Four desserts (a $7 value each)
- Four glasses of champagne (a $6 value each)
- For $40, you get $100 toward bottle service.
Executive Chef Christian Nam-Hee of Bijou Restaurant & Bar presides over an upscale fusion of French and Californian cuisine that has garnered praise from Gayot. The Asian pear salad whets appetites with its tangy pear vinaigrette, making way for entrees such as the pan-seared salmon in a lemon beurre blanc sauce with a side of squash. Braised short ribs or pan-seared pork chops bring the taste of the grill to the table more invitingly than a smoked tablecloth. After a rich course of dessert, Wycliff Brut champagne leaves palates refreshed. Within Bijou Restaurant & Bar's dining room, plush cushions describe an atmosphere of opulence, completed by sophisticated cuisine served on high-heeled plates.
Bijou Restaurant & Bar
A native of Paris, Executive Chef Christian Nam-Hee sharpened his knife skills and his palate at l'Ecole de Paris des Métiers de la Table. Today he lets his know-how blossom and wander in the kitchen of Bijou Restaurant & Bar, blending the culinary traditions of his homeland with the flavors found in northern California's seasonal organic ingredients. From his pans and cutting boards spring forth sweet-potato frites, quail stuffed with napa cabbage, and other dishes that embody the menu's inventive fusion spirit. To complement such an aesthetically poignant dining experience, the space itself—designed by DesignPlus's Pia Thomas—remains sleek and focused. The centerpiece is the bar, which glows a dreamy, iridescent amber that's complemented by ring chandeliers and absorbed by Italian leather chairs, a lounge area's plush velvet cushions, and tabletop black holes.