Traveling by train avoids the lost baggage, unexpected layovers, and sudden plummets in altitude that have become synonymous with traveling by catapult. Discover the pleasures of the steel track with today’s Groupon: for $35, you get admission for two aboard the Polar Express from the [Blackstone Valley Tourism Council(http://www.blackstonevalleypolarexpress.com/) in Woonsocket (a $70 value). This deal is not valid for the observation or diner cars or car #4587. Choose between the following times:
- Saturday, November 12 at 10:45 a.m.
- Saturday, November 12 at 1:45 p.m.
- Sunday, November 13 at 10:45 a.m.
- Sunday, November 13 at 1:45 p.m.
Each Polar Express ride includes:
- A 90-minute trip aboard the Providence and Worcester Railroad
- Narrated stories and sing-alongs
- A visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus with a gift for each child
- Free hot cocoa and cookies
Black and crimson railcars exhale steamy puffs and a flat-capped conductor bellows "All aboard!" as the Blackstone Valley Tourism Council's Polar Express chugs to life atop the Woonsocket Railroad Depot's steel tracks. Festive 90-minute rides embody author Chris Van Allsburg's titular Christmas tale with sing-alongs and story narrations jovially orated inside holly-decked railcars. Real chefs warm passengers' bellies with creamy hot chocolate and chewy cookies as the jolly conductor punches tickets. As the engine creeps to a halt at the North Pole, Santa and Mrs. Claus climb aboard bearing silver bell gifts for each child to begin careers as a human tambourine.