Since its invention, ice skating has brought us countless thrilling hockey games, scores of inspiring figure-skating routines, and one unforgettable NBA season. Be like Darryl Dawkins in the '82-'83 season with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$12 for an ice-skating package for two (up to a $24 total value)
- Admission for one session for two adults or children (up to a $14 value)
- Two skate rentals (a $3 value each)
- Two hot chocolates (a $2 value each)
$32 for an ice-skating package for four (up to a $68 total value)
- Admission for one session for four adults or children (up to a $28 value)
- Four skate rentals (a $3 value each)
- Four baskets of chicken nuggets, including fries and a small drink (a $7 value each)
$60 for an eight-week Learn to Skate class series (a $125 value)
- Weekly half-hour classes
- For all ages and levels, beginner to advanced
- Choose from two class times: Tuesdays from 6:45 to 7:15 p.m. or Saturdays from 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
See the calendar for a complete schedule.
Blazers Ice Centre
Blazers Ice Centre, home of the Oklahoma University Sooners, lets groups embark on fun, frosty adventures during daily public-skate hours, in hockey leagues, and through figure-skating lessons. Twirling across the frozen indoor pond marries exercise with entertainment and gives budding Dorothy Hamills and Wayne Gretzkys a chance to practice camel spins, fast breaks, and basic stopping techniques, such as running into a wall. During breaks from the rink, guests can feast on chicken nuggets, fries, or other snacks, sip on hot chocolate or other beverages, or peruse the well-stocked pro shop for figure-skating or hockey gear.
A team of skilled instructors molds slip 'n' sliders of all ages into graceful ice traversers during group and private lessons. The skate mavens impart basics of icemanship, such as distinguishing between a triple Lutz, a double salchow, or a single angry Zamboni.