Jump to: Reviews
Salt your rim with today's Groupon: half off a margarita pitcher at Cabrito. Cabrito is an authentic Mexican restaurant with more than 40 tequilas, 10 varieties of mezcal, and several original cocktails. Cabrito's The Margarita pitcher is a giant tasty tank of tequila-based cocktail with enough spirits and zest to knock even famous street-performer Wilt Chamberlain off his extremely steady stilts. You can add fresh watermelon, hibiscus, or strawberry for $6.
The New York Times says the beverage selection at Cabrito has "a distinct, felicitous personality." Allan Katz, Cabrito’s resident mixologist, mixes up the magical mixes that complement Cabrito's menu of mouthwatering Mexican cuisine. The restaurant is a West Village hot spot with fast service, plastic-covered tables, ornate Mexican tiles, and bare bulb fixtures that Time Out calls "instagrunge…as artfully scuffed as distressed $200 blue jeans."
- Visited on its best nights and judged by its best dishes, Cabrito is the Mexican restaurant so many of us dreamed about for so long. It has just enough sophistication and upscale trappings, manifest in the quality of its cocktails and length of its tequila and mezcal list, to be the plausible cynosure of a fun night out, not just a grubby refueling station where the price of dauntless, authentic flavors is a spartan atmosphere. – Frank Bruni, New York Times
- Naturally, for this type of joint, the alcohol menu is front and center, and the colorful premises promise a party vibe. – Village Voice
- Taking the West Village space of the short-lived and ill-fated BarFry is this casual, but hip Mexican eatery. The dozen and a half tables and long bar, complete with colorful south-of-the-border-style tiles, make a good setting in which to munch better-than-average tacos. – Gayot
- It's done up in Mexican kitsch, with Day of the Dead skeletons, beautifully colored tiles, and margaritas flowing by the $60 pitcher. It's a boutique version of a pastiche roadhouse, where gourmet details on the menu justify the prices – Paul Adams, New York Sun
- Dont get me wrong the food here rocks but the bar is off the hook! – Jonny5, MenuPages
- Great bar - extensive tequila selection. – Vasco Jose, Urbanspoon
- waiting at the huge bar and sampling awsome [sic] cocktails, and the great tequilla [sic] menu, is as much fun as diving into the house made choriso hurache! – livesformexican, Citysearch