Cupcakes have become fashionable in recent years due to their appearance on such popular shows as Livin' in the City and I'm a Celebrity Baker: Let Me See My Family. Get a trendy treat with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$16 for one dozen assorted cupcakes (a $33 value)
$31 for two dozen assorted cupcakes (a $66 value)
Customers can choose all of one flavor or an assortment of the following flavors:
- Chocolate Obsession: chocolate cupcake, chocolate buttercream frosting, and dark chocolate shavings
- Red Velvet: red velvet cupcake, cream cheese frosting, and dark chocolate shavings
- Cookies and Cream: chocolate cupcake with vanilla, Oreo buttercream frosting, and Oreo crumbles
- Creamsicle: orange cupcake, vanilla-orange swirl frosting, and white chocolate shavings
- Vanilla Toffee: vanilla cupcake, toffee crunch buttercream frosting, and toasted almond
- Marionberry: white cupcake, marionberry buttercream frosting, and white chocolate shavings
Cakes by Crème de la Crème
Like all great stories, Cakes by Crème de la Crème's was written through persistence. Pastry chefs Michael Jones and Bart Utz first met when they were taking baking courses together. They formed a partnership, worked at several establishments, then pooled their resources and struck out on their own, starting Cakes by Crème de la Crème. The duo, who have chalked up experience working at venues such as the Washington Athletic Club and the Sunset Club, combine their expertise to craft delicious and visually intricate cakes for all occasions. This expertise has garnered press attention from The Knot, who recently included them in their "Best of Weddings 2013" feature.
Their tiered wedding cakes roll out a spectacle for the eye and the tongue, with romantically elegant designs finished in buttercream icing and fondant. They customize cakes to each client’s specifications by creating a unique border or design, and by giving customers a choice of unique flavors, such as banana cake with strawberry preserves and cream-cheese filling. Jones and Utz also specialize in affordable dessert cakes, tortes, and tarts and custom party cakes, which they can mold into inspired designs such as stacks of favorite books, a college’s logo, or a turntable with vinyl records on top—an homage to the days when every cake was also a record player.