The car replaced the horse, just as horses replaced walking and walking replaced getting dragged away by a large cat. Hitch a ride with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $14 for an individual 2013 museum membership (a $20 value) and admission to a Thursday Cars Under the Stars event (an $8 value; a $28 total value)
- $32.50 for an individual 2013 museum membership and a choice of a Youth Basic Engine class, a Details of Detailing class or an Artomotive Photography workshop (up to a $45 value; up to a $65 total value)
- $55 for an individual 2013 museum membership and a Model A Basics & Driving class (an $85 value; a $105 total value)
Click here for class descriptions.
Members receive the following benefits:
- Unlimited free museum admission for the remainder of the year
- Invitations to members-only events
- 10% discount at the museum gift shop
- Access to the museum's research library
- 2013 collectible membership pin, certificate, and Gearhead card
- Subscription to Fuel, the museum newsletter
- Discounts on museum trips, classes, workshops, lectures, and family programs
- Eligibility to join support organizations
- Voting privileges for elections
California Automobile Museum
The California Automobile Museum weaves the story of the automobile's birth and development through a gleaming collection of cars that dates back to the 1880s. Guests meander through 72,000 square feet of luxury and muscle vehicles, from pre–Model T Fords and green vehicles to Lamborghinis and modern NASCAR vehicles. In addition to its permanent collection and current exhibits, the museum's displays are always changing due to donations from private collectors and the hot rod fairy, allowing visitors to see a varying display of vehicles on different visits. The museum also offers a wide variety of classes that are fun and educational, and open to both adults and children. Guests can also visit the gift shop stocked with auto-centric goodies, including car-related fine-art photography, T-shirts, kids' arts and crafts, and die-cast models of classic cars.