There are few things as liberating as being able to fly, which is why humans invented airplanes and why penguins constantly try to sabotage them by climbing into their jet engines. Feel the freedom of the skies with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$269 for a private pilot starter package (a $595 total value)
- 40 hours of private pilot ground school (a $325 value), which addresses subjects such as air law, meteorology, theory of flight, navigation, airframe engines and systems, flight options, and human factors in flying
- Textbook (a $45 value)
- Bag (a $25 value)
- 30-minute discovery flight (a $200 value)
- The four ground-school sessions are only available at one of the following times: Wednesdays from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on June 5–September 4, or Saturdays from noon to 3 p.m. on September 14–December 14.
$99 for a 30-minute discovery flight and lesson (a $200 value)
- Take the controls of a Cessna or Piper airplane during a 30-minute introduction to piloting
- Tour of Canadian Flight Centre's facilities and a brief ground lesson
Canadian Flight Centre
Based at Kamloops and Boundary Bay Airport, Canadian Flight Centre has used its fleet of small aircraft to train more than 3,000 professional and recreational pilots since its inception in 1979. After a thorough ground-school education, potential commercial and private fliers hop into planes for flight training. Instructors utilize the region's unique proximity to coastal mountains and the Pacific Ocean to teach specific mountain checkout or water-related flying and instrument skills. They outfit their instructional aircraft with all the controls, instrumentation, and capabilities necessary to imbue industry-standard proficiency.
Along with the support of amiable and highly seasoned flying instructors, students are able to use grants, scholarships, and other kinds of financial largesse thanks to Canadian Flight Centre's accreditation from issuers that include the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of British Columbia.