There are few things as liberating as being able to fly, which is why humans invented airplanes and why penguins constantly try to sabotage them by climbing into their jet engines. Feel the freedom of the skies with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$269 for a private pilot starter package (a $570 total value)
- 40 hours of private-pilot ground school ($325 value), which addresses subjects such as air law, meteorology, theory of flight, navigation, airframe engines and systems, flight options, and human factors in flying
- Textbook ($45 value)
- 30-minute discovery flight ($200 value)
- The two ground school sessions are available starting weeknights in June or weekends in September
$99 for a 30-minute discovery flight and lesson ($200 value)
- Take the controls of a Cessna or Piper airplane during a 30-minute introduction to piloting
- Tour of Canadian Flight Centre's facilities and a brief ground lesson
$175 for an online private-pilot ground class ($350 value)
Canadian Flight Centre
Based at Kamloops and Boundary Bay Airport, Canadian Flight Centre has used its fleet of small aircraft to train more than 3,000 professional and recreational pilots since its inception in 1979. After a thorough ground-school education, potential commercial and private fliers hop into planes for flight training. Instructors utilize the region's unique proximity to coastal mountains and the Pacific Ocean to teach specific mountain checkout or water-related flying and instrument skills. They outfit their instructional aircraft with all the controls, instrumentation, and capabilities necessary to imbue industry-standard proficiency.