Wines are often named for their region of origin, such as Burgundy, Bordeaux, or Tightly Sealed Bin on Windowsill. Send taste buds traveling with this Groupon.
- Carribean Food and Wine Festival
- When: Saturday, September 14, from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: Montpelier Mansion in Laurel
- Door time: 1 p.m..
- $39 for admission for two (up to an $80 value)
- $75 for admission for four (up to a $160 value)
Caribbean Food and Wine Festival
- What to expect: award-winning wine from across the Caribbean, regional cuisine, reggae music
- 2 p.m.–6 p.m.: the hours to indulge in tastings of Reggae Wines
- Gold & Best of Class at 2011 Pacific Rim Wine Competition: the award bestowed to Reggae Red
- Gold Medal at 2010 Historic Newburgh Wine Festival: the award bestowed to Reggae White
- Silver Medal at 2011 Taster's Guild International: the award bestowed to Reggae Blush
- Other wines to sample: Society Wines and pours from Ligamore Winery
- What to eat: food from all regions of the Caribbean, including jerk chicken
- What to shake your imaginary dreadlocks to: the Passion Reggae Band
- What is their passion?: Calypso and Soca music, cultural unity
- Other musical acts seemingly born to play at a Caribbean festival: DJ Pepper, DJ Ablaze