After scientists revealed that UFOs were actually full-grown tortillas, people everywhere filled swimming pools with guac and beans to catch and dissect the floury creatures. Nab a tender baby disk with today’s Groupon to Casa La Golondrina. Choose between the following options:
- For $43, you get a Mexican dinner for two (up to a $96.45 value). Dinner includes the following:
- One appetizer (up to an $18.45 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $24 value each)
Two La Golondrina margaritas (up to a $15 value each)
- For $79, you get a Mexican dinner for four (up to a $192.90 value). Dinner includes the following:
- Two appetizers (up to an $18.45 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $24 value each)
- Four La Golondrina margaritas (up to a $15 value each)
Casa La Golondrina’s culinary masterminds devise an innovative menu of authentic Mexican cuisine anchored by handmade, herb-seasoned flour tortillas, all served in the restaurant’s historic digs. Reward mouths that have never screamed “fire” in a movie theater by stuffing them with coctel de camarones, which sidles up tender shrimp next to a tasty cocktail sauce. For carne asada a la tampiquena, chefs bolster charbroiled marinated skirt steak with a cheese enchilada before anointing the dish with guacamole and zesty pico de gallo. Chile relleno de jaiba sets seasoned king crab inside a roasted poblano pepper while it waits for its shell to come back from the dry cleaners. Wash down all the savory flavors with the eatery’s eponymous margaritas, concocted with Hornitos tequila, Cointreau, and fresh lime juice.
Casa La Golondrina enjoys residence in the Pelanconi House, an original fire-brick abode dating back to the mid-19th century. Diners can pull up a chair amid vibrant indigenous and local art as the sultry tones of live music send edible quarter notes floating into mouths.
93% of 55 customers recommend
W-17 Olvera St.
Los Angeles, California 90012