Cooking at home demands laborious cleanup, leading to hours spent scrubbing pots, wiping counters, and extinguishing flambéed curtains. Evacuate your mise en place with today's Groupon to Casita Del Lago in Avon Lake. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get a Mexican dinner for two (up to a $43.30 value) that includes:
- One shared appetizer (up to a $9.75 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $14.90 value each)
- One shared dessert (up to a $3.75 value)
- For $40, you get a Mexican dinner for four (up to an $86.60 value) that includes:
- Two shared appetizers (up to a $9.75 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $14.90 value each)
- Two shared desserts (up to a $3.75 value each)
- For $5, you get $10 worth Mexican fare from the lunch menu, available from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays. Lunch combinations start at $6.75.
Casita Del Lago's flavor alchemists transmogrify fresh ingredients into a luscious menu that features house-made salsas and tortillas. Meals begin with a collaborative excavation of the menu's appetizers, tunneling into the strata of jalapeños, muenster cheese, and chorizo that comprise the queso fundido. Servers bury self-conscious tablecloths beneath entrees such as the signature fajitas, which assail the olfactory and aural senses with the dulcet sizzling of steak, chicken, or shrimp ladled beside sautéed vegetables. Tender pork percolates within a sea of mild tomatillo sauce to create the chile verde, and clamoring sweet teeth find a culinary coda in the decadent tres leches cake. Midday diners can peruse Casita Del Lago's lunch selections, recharging taste buds with a platoon of enchiladas or a poblano pepper stuffed with infinite poblano peppers.
Casita Del Lago's dining room beckons small groups as well as larger parties into a dining room marked by its fireplace, Southwestern art, and expansive beach mural. An outdoor seating area tempts guests with al fresco dining and unparalleled views of the restaurant's exterior.
Casita del Lago
A colorful mural of a lakeside beach stretches across Casita del Lago's dining room—a nod to the restaurant's name, which translates to "little house by the lake." Soft hanging lanterns and a crackling fireplace bathe the room in light, illuminating the colorful glazed pottery that lines the walls. In the kitchen, chefs chop fresh ingredients for the homemade salsa that glazes over traditional dishes, as saucepans simmer with their signature mole sauce. Behind a sprawling bar, bartenders dole out pitchers of fruity margaritas, savory sangria, and bottles of imported Mexican beer. Outside, tabletops speckle their outdoor patio and bar, where guests can bask beneath the sunlight.
33493 Lake Rd.
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012