Improv comedy shows, unlike criminal-court proceedings and open-heart surgeries, encourage people in the room to shout out suggestions. Explore the extemporaneous with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to a Chicago City Limits improv show
- When: any show of your choice. Performances are held on Fridays at 8 p.m. and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Where: Broadway Comedy Club
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 20 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view a schedule of upcoming performances.
- $19 for two tickets (up to $40 value)
- $39 for four tickets (up to $80 value)
Broadway Comedy Club has a two-drink minimum per person, not included in this Groupon.
Chicago City Limits
If the New York Post names you "one of New York City's wonders," you know you're doing something right. That's the case for Chicago City Limits, an improv troupe that formed in the Windy City nearly 40 years ago before making its home in New York. The group's knack for creating off-the-cuff sketches soon gained them an ardent fan base, and comedians including Robin Williams, Rita Rudner, and Jerry Seinfeld began taking the stage to improvise along with the cast. Today, the company's quick-witted performers continue to showcase original scenes and songs, all from audience suggestions and their imaginations.
The troupe doesn't hoard their years of comedic knowledge—rather, they freely share it through a training program featuring classes for participants of all experience levels. Their teachers guide fledgling performers as they learn how to script comedic scenes out of thin air, using active listening, narrative storytelling, and object work. Whether cracking wise on stage or coaching off of it, Chicago City Limits continues to produce work hailed by The New York Times as "ingenious and very, very funny!"