Click above for tickets to the Chicago Fire vs. Tigres UNAL, Saturday, June 27, 7 p.m. (SuperLiga Tournament match)
- Click here for tickets to see the Chicago Fire vs. San Luis, Saturday, June 20, 7 p.m. (SuperLiga Tournament match)
- Click here for tickets to the Chicago Fire vs. Columbus Crew, Saturday, July 11, 7 p.m.
- Click here for tickets to the Chicago Fire vs. San Jose Earthquakes, Saturday, July 18, 7:30 p.m.
The Chicago Fire take their name from the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, but the two have more than a name in common. Both grew quickly: the soccer team in popularity, the disaster in number of square miles devastated. Both are greatly influenced by wind. Both started due to a woman and her cow. And much in the same way the Great Chicago Fire decimated the city’s architecture, the Chicago Fire burn their opponents and leave them on the field in a pile of emotional ashes. If you’re interested in seeing Chicago’s most popular soccer team, which was named after Chicago’s most popular disaster, keep reading about today’s amazing deal on access to the Miller Lite Party Deck at a Chicago Fire match.
With today’s Groupon, $20 gets you one ticket to the Miller Lite Party Deck at a Chicago Fire game (a $45 value). This is already an unbelievable deal, given the fact that it is all-inclusive, but Groupon just made it that much better. Come out to Toyota Park to watch the best team in the MLS Eastern Conference. Click on the above links to buy tickets to four different matches.
Your seats behind the goal (in sections 135–139) give you access to the Party Deck. Enjoy free hotdogs, pretzels, popcorn, and other concessions, plus four 16-oz. Miller Lite beers. The Party Deck is available from the time the gates open until the 20th minute of play. Don’t try to hoard food because after the game, you are forced to empty your pockets in front of starved security dogs.
As a special bonus, all Groupon customers who write their email address on their Groupon when redeeming it will be entered in a raffle to win an autographed team jersey. The raffle will be held the week of July 20.
Don’t miss out on this awesome combo of soccer, free food, and beer. Get your Groupon!
Yelpers are impressed with the Chicago Fire and give the team 4.5 stars. Here’s what they’re saying:
- “If you can manage to be bored at a Fire game, there just might be something wrong with you. A Cubs game this is not - the great thing about soccer is that the action is continuous and fast and there's always something going on.” – Jenny A.
- “Fire games are so fun to go to! I have season tickets in the crazy fan section, and I have a blast! I like to take food and tailgate in the parking lot before the game!” – Anne S.
- “The only thing better than going to a Fire match is taking someone else to there [sic] first Fire match.” – Ted o.
The people of Schmelp, a bulletin-board-based precursor to online review sites, remain unenthused about the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, giving it a meager 1.5 stars. Here’s what they tacked onto a corkboard:
- “That blaze came at me hammer and tongs. Had quite the tight scratch. To top the churn, it appears the Pock is upon me. Nay, dear pony.” – Les Crockwell
- “I came out unscathed, nary a thread on my overcoat singed. Hip hip! Good showing!” – Jonathan Pottersmith
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Great time! Great seats friendly staff”