A movie theater is like a middle-school dance: the lights are dim, there's not much talking, and it's an acceptable place to cry in public. Make a date with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$15 for a movie package for two (a $33 total value)
- Two movie tickets to one movie (a $10.50 value each)
- Two large popcorns (a $3.25 value each)
- Two sodas (a $2.75 value each)
$19 for a one-month Director's Greenlight MoviePass (a $49.99 value)
- Unlimited DVD and Blu-ray rentals (one movie at a time)
- One unlimited movie-ticket pass (plus $3 off additional tickets)
- 5% off all purchases
$99 for a private movie-screening party (a $219.75 total value)
- Private movie screening for up to 10 (a $100 value)
- Film rental of your choice from a large selection of films (a $75 value)
- Up to 10 sodas (a $2.75 value each)
- One nacho platter (a $12 value)
- One large popcorn (a $3.25 value)
- Two chocolate pretzels (a $1 value each)
Awarded Best Movie Night by Philadelphia magazine in 2011, Cinema 16:9 projects theatrical run movies along with independent, foreign, and classic films in surround sound and full HD projection. Comprising two screens and 100 comfortable stadium-style seats, the theater also welcomes visitors to BYOB while catching a flick.
With a passion for historic movie theaters—and a simultaneous disappointment with the unoriginality of major multiplexes—founder David Titus has created a modern moviegoing experience that maintains the uniqueness and charm of Golden Age movie theaters. Along with an eclectic list of screenings, the theater features creative programming such as Terrible Tuesday, during which audiences mock terrible films; 8-Bit Warrior Wednesday, at which attendees play classic NES and SuperNES games on the big screen; and Dinner and a Movie, which includes discounted movie tickets and discounted meals at great local restaurants.
For those who like to watch movies at home, the theater’s movie-rental program features more than 3,000 titles on DVD and Blu-ray. All-out cinephiles can benefit from the theater’s membership program, which offers plans with unlimited movie tickets and rentals. The theater also hosts private movie screenings for birthday parties and challenging knitting parties and boasts a full concession stand that doles out organic and local foodstuffs in eco-friendly containers.