More people than ever are living a sedentary lifestyle: waking up in their racecar beds, driving to work in their racecars, sitting for eight hours in the passenger seats of experimental racecars as men in lab coats slam them into concrete walls, and then driving home again. Race to fitness with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$59 for a two-month climbing package (up to a $265 total value)
- Two-hour introductory climbing-technique class (a $70 value). This class includes one month of unlimited climbing with equipment rental and a waived initiation fee.
- An additional month of unlimited climbing (up to a $40 value)
- An additional 31 days of equipment rental (up to a $155 value)
$75 for a two-hour kids’ climbing party (a $150 value)
- Rope climbing for up to 10 kids
- Staff on hand to help and teach adults how to belay
- Party area
The introductory class in the first option covers climbing safety and skills, belay techniques, knots, and climbing commands. Students also learn the rating scales of ClimbX’s many routes and how to boulder along craggy surfaces.
ClimbX's indoor, ever-changing rock walls mimic the dusty color of actual outdoor crags. In this environment, climbers of all ages and abilities strap on safety equipment and climbing gear and learn to master the hand and toe grips that cover the arena's artificial rock formations. The outgoing and experienced staff teaches introductory-level climbing courses that impart basic safety procedures, proper belay technique, and climbing commands. A kids' climbing club coaches climbers aged 17 and younger through the basics of tying top-rope knots and securing handholds tightly even when those handholds start to quietly chuckle. When not helping people turn into spider-people, the staff also hosts birthday parties and corporate teambuilding events.