Just like people, grapes must reach a certain age before they can enter a liquor store. Enjoy the fruits of adulthood with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $15 for a VIP winery tour and tasting for two, valid Monday–Friday ($60 total value)
- $25 for a VIP winery tour and tasting for two, valid Saturday–Sunday ($60 total value)
- $25 for a VIP winery tour and tasting for four, valid Monday–Friday ($110 total value)
- $35 for a VIP winery tour and tasting for four, valid Saturday–Sunday ($110 total value)
Each option includes the following:
- VIP tour and tasting of five wines ($25.00 value per person)
- One $10 voucher for the party to spend toward wine
Clos LaChance Wines
It all began in 1987 with a few humble rows of chardonnay growing in a backyard. Bill and Brenda Murphy dreamed of being small-scale vintners, and within a few years the wines produced in their bite-size vineyard were tasty enough to sell. With the success of those initial bottles, Clos LaChance Wines—a European-inspired winery—was born, releasing its inaugural vintage in 1992. Since then, the business has grown from producing 200 cases of wine to 80,000, and from less than an acre of backyard to 150 rolling acres of hilly vineyards that have caught the attention of Orbitz and been recommended by numerous other media outlets. The Murphys’ daughters have folded into the business too, and Bill and Brenda hope that someday in the future, their grandchildren will take over and find a way to control the weather.
The Murphys are not only focused on their future, but also on the future of the land and resources for which they are responsible. Clos LaChance Wines is committed to eco-friendly growing and production practices and has been certified sustainable by the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance. The Murphys built the operation from the ground up, creating an open, Old-World-style space whose rolling hills, ivy-covered walls, and stone-walled courtyard are reminiscent of a villa in Tuscany. They even installed a regulation-size court where guests can bring their own bocce balls for a friendly game.