Like Mike Tyson, wine is usually robust, is often boxed, and should never influence tattooing decisions. Imbibe the spirit of a champion with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$37 for a winery experience for two (a $75 total value)
- A wine tasting (a $5 value)
- A winery tour for two (a $20 value)
- A vineyard tour for two (weather permitting) (a $10 value)
- Two etched glasses (a $10 value)
- Two Crown Winery T-shirts (a $30 value)
$69 for a winery experience for four (a $150 total value)
- A wine tasting for four (a $10 value)
- A winery tour for four (weather permitting) (a $40 value)
- A vineyard tour for four (weather permitting) (a $20 value)
- Four etched glasses (a $20 value)
- Four Crown Winery T-shirts (a $60 value)
With this Groupon, bottles of wine can drop into guests' baskets at a 10% discount and cases can weigh down tour-takers' cars at a 20% discount. Tours are given Tuesday–Sunday.
Glints of sunshine and rich West Tennessee soil nurture more than Crown Winery's lush vines; solar energy powers the vintners' Tuscan-style villa and headquarters, which is built into a hillside to reap the earth's natural cooling capabilities. Principal co-owners Peter and Rita Howard—a descendant of father of meteorology Sir Luke Howard, and a member of the National Baton Twirling Association Hall of Fame, respectively—bottle a dozen wines every year. Whites, such as the citrusy cayuga, may evoke memories of summertime fruit salads and fragrant floral bouquets sprouted from Chia Pet experiments. The winery's roster of reds includes the medium-bodied chambourcin, served at room temperature to liberate its berry-laced tang, and the royal red, a savory mishmash of norton grapes and estate-grown noiret. Winery tours invite guests to gambol along the vines and learn about the winemaking process, and parties and special events such as "Wine Down" night on Fridays at 7 pm pair wines with Tennessee cheeses, dinner, and live music. The idyllic 50-acre setting is also a popular spot for weddings, particularly in the Queen's Pavilion, with oak beams and sweeping vineyard views, orchestrated by Crown Winery's designated wedding coordinator.