Pasta became a staple of Italian fare after Roman Emperor Caligula famously appointed a plate of lasagna to the Senate. Elect to eat decadently with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $45 for a prix fixe Italian dinner for two (up to a $90 value)
- $90 for a prix fixe Italian dinner for four (up to a $180 value)
Each dinner, valid Sunday–Thursday, includes the following per pair:
- One specialty-pizza appetizer, such as the Calabrese, Napoli, Margherita, Biancaneve, Sicilian, or Sorrento
- Two salads
- Two dishes of penne alla contadina—penne pasta with sautéed mushrooms and mozzarella in a blush sauce
- Two pollo parmigiana entrees
- Two chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, or chocolate-and-hazelnut tartufo desserts
Da Luciano Trattoria
When Chef Luciano Verardi was a teenager he traveled through Europe, less on a soul-searching quest than on a mission to discover new flavours. That voyage resulted in the collection of ever-evolving recipes that fill Da Luciano Trattoria’s menu and pay homage to Old-World traditions. His dishes combine time-tested techniques with updated presentations—he and his staff hand make their ravioli, for instance, serving the pasta in a sauce of mushrooms, peas, cream, and tomato for the signature ravioli Luciano. Marsala wine, meanwhile, flavours tender cuts of veal, and calamari comes one of three ways: fried, spicy, or grilled. To reanimate an Italian favourite, 15 types of specialty pizzas bake in a wood-fired oven—the classic precursor to today's phonebook-fired oven. Mozzarella and chili peppers dapple the Sicilian pizza, whereas the Pescatore wears the decoration of seafood. The chefs also whip up more obscure Italian delicacies, such as Calabrese-style tripe and quaglie alferri—grilled quail.
501 Erie St. E
Windsor, Ontario N9A 3X7