Studies show that children who don't learn to play a musical instrument often try to eat one. Keep didgeridoos out of their duodenums with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $250 for one week of summer music camp (a $500 value)
- $450 for two weeks of summer music camp (a $950 value)
- $650 for three weeks of summer music camp (a $1,350 value)
Students ages 8–18 meet at each of the camps, which run Monday–Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. During the week, campers learn music basics and techniques from a guest artist. Pupils choose to improve their skills on the electric bass, guitar, keyboard, drums, or voice. The week culminates in a student performance and an optional concert (the concert fee is not included in this Groupon). Camp, student performance, and concert dates are:
- July 16–21, with a student performance at Xibus Performance Hall on Saturday, July 21, at 6 p.m. The optional concert is Aerosmith and Cheap Trick at TD Garden on Tuesday, July 17, at 7:30 p.m. ($47).
- July 23–28, with a student performance at Xibus Performance Hall on Saturday, July 28, at 6 p.m. The optional concert is Coldplay at TD Garden on Sunday, July 29, at 7 p.m. ($47).
- August 6–11, with a student performance at Xibus Performance Hall on Saturday, August 11, at 6 p.m. The optional concert is The Allman Brothers at Bank of America Pavilion on Wednesday, August 8, at 7:30 p.m. ($40).
This Groupon is not valid toward the Rock Island Overnight Camp.
School of Groove
The low thrum of an electric bass. The clean jangle of an electric piano. At School of Groove, owner Christopher Vuk presides over instructors as they fill the space with music and help students through scales, rhythms, and eventually full pieces on a wide range of instruments. The teachers have played music alongside musicians including Herbie Hancock, John Mayer, and Paul Simon, and guest rock musicians occasionally lead sessions to impart their skills or explain why they think every smashable guitar is full of candy. In private lessons and group sessions, hands-on practice illuminates the processes of improvising, writing, and recording music. Students at the school can also join a band, where they'll write their own music, build teamwork skills, and perform at venues such as Hard Rock Cafe and Ryles Jazz Club.
535 Cambridge St.
Cambridge , Massachusetts 02141