If woolly mammoths had mastered the triple Lutz, they would've made it out of the Ice Age and into the Bronze Age, if not the Silver or Gold Age. Ensure your long-term survival with today's Groupon to Kent State University Ice Arena. Choose from the following options:
- For $12, you get an ice-skating outing for two (up to a $27 total value), which includes:
- Two admissions (a $6 value each)
- Two skate rentals (a $2.50 value each)
- Two value meals with drinks (up to a $5 value each)
- For $20, you get an ice-skating outing for four (up to a $54 total value), which includes:
- Four admissions (a $6 value each)
- Four skate rentals (a $2.50 value each)
- Four value meals with drinks (up to a $5 value each)
- For $49, you get eight one-hour beginner skating lessons for a student 4 or older (up to a $105 value).
Tucked within Kent State University’s campus, the school’s ice arena opens its doors to gliders of all ages with a full schedule of public skating opportunities. Guests can slide into a pair of rental skates and coast across the same frozen field used by the school’s hockey, broomball, and zamboni-jousting teams. After working up an appetite, skaters refuel with one of the venue’s value meals, with options such as a hot dog, a cheeseburger, a hamburger, a grilled cheese, or chicken fingers accompanied by a drink and either fries or a pretzel.
Skating novices can seek the guidance of a professional with beginner lessons. During each of the eight one-hour sessions, students learn basic skating skills, focusing on safety, building confidence, and learning to etch trash talk into the ice. Class participants who don’t have their own skates can rent a pair for an extra $1, and all attendees are encouraged to outfit hands with mittens, gloves, or lucky foam fingers to keep digits warm.
Kent State University Ice Arena
When you look around the 150'x80' rink at Kent State University Ice Arena, you can’t help but be amazed at the variety of things going on. Throughout the week, the rink plays host to skating lessons, hockey leagues, and public skating sessions in which families and couples can spend a day zooming around. Sports players learn the intricacies of being the best hockey player around or learn a new sport in the rink’s broomball league. After hands and feet start to chill, guests can grab a snack and a hot beverage at the concessions stand, with the fireplace always crackling so guests can warm back up.
650 Loop Rd.
Kent, Ohio 44242Get Directions