True wine connoisseurs teach themselves to distinguish varietals, identify flawed bottles, and cry pure chardonnay. Become one with the grape with this Groupon.
$25 for a Two-Hour Wine Class ($50 Value)
Choose from eight themed classes:
- Wines for the 4th of July BBQ, Wednesday, June 27
- Saturday Sipper, Saturday, July 14
- Delicious Wines Under $15, Tuesday, July 17
- Cooking with Wine, Thursday, August 9
- Wines for the Heat of Summer, Monday, August 13
- Saturday Sipper, Saturday, August 18
- Wine Cocktails, Tuesday, August 21
- Wine Toys, Monday, August 27
In small group classes—all held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., except Saturday Sipper classes, which are held from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.—students sample and discuss wines as instructors dispense information on food pairings, refreshing wine options for summer, and how glassware shapes can enhance flavor.
For more than 30 years, Dreadnought Wines’ staff of wine connoisseurs has helped customers navigate an ever-expanding selection of vinos through regular tastings and classes. The shop stocks boutique wines from around the world, with an emphasis on bottles from France, Italy, Australia, Argentina, and the United States. Customers can request a custom sampling via a personal tasting, or can drop in for one of the shop’s themed classes to get a definitive answer to the question of whether wine is considered a food group.
2013 Penn Ave.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222Get Directions