The Founding Fathers held their initial meetings in a neighborhood tavern, which explains why the Declaration of Independence's first draft had a long, rambling subsection devoted to how powdered wigs are a natural icebreaker. Revolt against the tyranny of boredom with today's Groupon to Elwoods Gastro Pub. Choose from the following options:
- For $16, you get a flight tasting for two (up to a $32 total value) that includes the following items:
- Two flights of five 5-ounce draft beers (a $10 value each)
- One appetizer (up to a $12 value)
- For $30, you get a flight tasting for four (up to a $64 total value) that includes the following items:
- Four flights of five 5-ounce draft beers (a $10 value each)
- Two appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
- For $99, you get an Elwoods Gastro Pub card, valid for one draft beer every day for 366 days (a $1,825 value).
At Elwoods Gastro Pub, bartenders dispense a rotating selection of craft and imported brews as chefs assemble a menu of hearty English pub-style fare. Tasting flights arrive with a quintet of 5-ounce samples culled from a constantly rotating lineup of libations. Patrons can opt for homegrown spirits such as Harpoon IPA and Boddingtons cream ale, or stamp their epicurean passports with foreign elixirs, including Fuller's London Pride from England, German Spaten Optimator, and lagers siphoned from Jupiter. Each swig pairs with classic, casual appetizers, such as the house-made hummus and pita platter or chicken or beef skewers with three sauces. Alternately, patrons equipped with an Elwoods Gastro Pub card can head in for one draft beer every day for all of the leap year's 366 days, allowing sippers to usher in new crops of seasonal ales while sporting each season's koozie trends.
Great happy hour, beer selection, and food. My go-to establishment in downtown Miami.Jeff, Urbanspoon, 3/6/11
The food is terrific & the owners are very friendlytina, Google Places, 11/16/10
188 NE 3rd Ave.
Miami, Florida 33132