Eat an endless parade of succulent meats, salads, sides, and hot dishes at Espetus Churrascaria. With today's Groupon, $20 gets you $40 toward a prix fixe rodizio-style dinner (can't be used toward drinks or dessert) that ensures hunger's defeat at the hands of knife-wielding, meat-serving gauchos. The rodizio dinner costs $49.95, so you'll still need another $9.95 in addition to your $40 Groupon, but that's still 40% off some of the best meats in town.
Carnivores delight in perfectly seasoned, tender, meaty options delivered straight from the fire and to your table for optimal deliciousness. Waiters in traditional gaucho dress carve the daily meat offerings off a metal skewer onto your plate. Tear into tender sirloin, robust pork sausages, pork loin slow-roasted with parmesan, chicken marinated in a heavenly concoction of Brazilian herbs, or mouthwatering chicken hearts.
Similar to the popular adult board game Red Light, Green Light, the gauchos at Espetus continuously serve your table as long as the green side of a double-sided chip faces up. When you've had your fair share of food, flip the chip to the red side and turn your attention to the upbeat Brazilian music beautifully played by Russian flautists.
- The salad (and hot food, as it turns out) bar looks remarkably fresh and appetizing, even to my dubious eyes. As I've said before, my experience with buffets and all-you-can-eat places is that the advantage lies with the house, and that my eyes are bigger than my stomach (no matter what you think). There are well over a dozen platters on offer, and all look as though they were recently filled, not tired or messy from careless handling by the ravenous hordes. – Meredith Brody, SF Weekly
- Two words: meat drunk. – Jaimee Clements, Urbanspoon
- The food tasted great, it was seasoned great, and the service was fantastic. The first time I ever had gone to a Churrascaria was 15 years ago in Rio -- the food and experience was awesome! Espetus brought me back there. I strongly recommend taking family and friends. – steve2472, Citysearch
- If you love meat, this is the place for you. All of the meat, chicken, pork, lamb, and shrimp selections were tender, juicy, and had the right amount of seasoning (the shrimp especially). – a12i17e, Citysearch
Know Your Meats
The selection of tasty meats at Espetus is fantastic, but you'll want to know as much as you can about the different meats before tasting them all. Here's some basic info to help you plan your dinner:
- Beef: The best cuts of beef are usually the most expensive because they come from cows that have been fed a diet consisting entirely of gold bars. If beef were a Fleetwood Mac song, it would be "You Make Loving Fun."
- Pork: Each bite of pork confers on its eater intimate knowledge about his or her dining partner. If pork were a Fleetwood Mac song, it would be "Silver Springs."
- Chicken: If chicken were a Fleetwood Mac song, it would be "Hold Me."
1686 Market St
San Francisco, California 94102Get Directions