Going to a fitness class injects military disciplines into your routine, much like setting your alarm clock to “bugle” and reassembling your PlayStation blindfolded. Declassify your abs with this Groupon.
$199 for a 10-Week Fitness Class ($399 Value)
Classes run six days a week starting Saturday, January 5. Choose from the following locations and times:
- Altoona at 4 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 6:30 p.m., or 8:30 p.m.
- Ames at 12 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.
- NE 18th Street in Ankeny at 4:20 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 9:15 a.m., or 7:30 p.m.
- Oralabor Road in Ankeny at 4:20 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
- Beaver Avenue in Des Moines at 6 a.m., 9 a.m., 4:30 p.m., or 7:45 p.m.
- Fleur Drive in Des Moines 4:15 a.m. or 12 p.m.
- Johnston at 7 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 3:45 p.m., 4:45 p.m., or 5:45 p.m.
- Urbandale at 12 p.m., 4:30 p.m., or 6:30 p.m.
- Waukee at 9:15 a.m., 5:30 p.m., or 7:45 p.m.
- Ashworth Road in West Des Moines at 4:15 a.m., 7:15 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 9:15 a.m., 12 p.m., or 6:30 p.m.
- EP True Parkway in West Des Moines at 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 12 p.m., or 6:30 p.m.
Certified instructors lead sessions at locally owned franchises. Throughout the courses, students aim kickboxing blows at the open air or punching bags to kick-start cardiovascular endurance. Muscles stretch anaerobic bands to their limits in strength-training sessions, and a nutrition plan supplements calorie burning.
Farrell's Extreme Body Shaping
Farrell’s eXtreme Body Shaping helps clients of all ages, lifestyles, gender, and athletic ability achieve their fitness goals through results-orientated training. Long-time taekwondo competitor and teacher Lance Farrell developed the program to combat obesity and assist people develop healthy lifestyle habits by incorporating the fat-burning, strengthening and endurance building aspects of competitive martial arts training into a course for those less interested in traditional sparring or contact drills. During 45-minute sessions hosted six days a week, Farrell uses fitness as a catalyst for improving overall health, wellness, and athletic abilities. A 10-week program can result in visible changes sparked by discipline and nutritional commitment.
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Awesome workouts, great people !”
“Would be helpful to have more flexibility in class times as my schedule changes and can't always come at the same time. ”
“Great supportive staff.”