Going to a boot camp can make you feel like a hardened warrior or just someone who gets pleasure out of the sound of yelling. Feel stronger with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $15 for entry to the Guinness World Record Harlem Shake event at 4 p.m. (a $60 value)
- $30 for entry to the Canadian record yoga-class event at noon (a $60 value)
- $30 for entry to the Guinness World Record boot-camp event at 10 a.m. (a $60 value)
- $30 for entry to the Guinness World Record salsa-class event at 2 p.m. (a $60 value)
- $50 for all-day entry to the world-record events (a $100 value)
On Saturday, June 15, fitness enthusiasts gather at the Toronto Metro Convention Centre for the Toronto Fitness Challenge to attempt to break Guinness World Records for the largest Harlem Shake, boot-camp, and salsa-dancing classes and the Canadian record for the largest yoga class. The event participants will also strive to raise $100,000 for SickKids Foundation.
Fit Factory Fitness
At downtown Toronto's Fit Factory Fitness, former US Marine Tony A. mimics the intense training regimen he completed during his military days. Along with his fellow instructors, Tony uses his 22 years of fitness experience while donning a military-style olive cap to lead exercisers of all fitness levels through diverse workouts. One week, exercisers might jog with buckets full of water on the shores of a lake or swing sledgehammers into the sand, and the next, they might head indoors to drag heavy bags across the astroturf. With Tony's military background, the exercisers receive training and regiments like those practiced by the U.S. Armed Force. Instructors also teach boxing boot-camp classes, in which patrons pummel heavy punching bags until they agree to personally train them.