If you’ve been looking for a way to get sleek, straight hair without taking out a second mortgage, today’s Groupon is the unbelievable deal you've been waiting for. Just in time for humidity season, much-loved stylist Raydine Vigil of Chicago Hair Care at 3633 N. Ashland in Lakeview is offering an unbeatable discount on permanent thermal hair straightening: For $150 you get five hours in her chair - $350 off the normal price of $500 (a 70% discount).
Finding thermal hair straightening services for less than $500 is harder than finding Waldo in a sea of peppermints, so this deal is worthy of legend status. Raydine’s generosity also includes a 50% discount on any additional hours your sitting requires (most people are done in five, but long hair may take one or two hours more), so you’ll pay only $50 for each extra hour. This treatment will permanently straighten any hair that is processed, so you won’t need another session for about six months.
If you're going to spend five hours with a stylist, you definitely want someone as cool as Raydine. Yelper Amber D. says she “always” looks forward to visiting Chicago Hair Care HQ – located just a few blocks from the Addison Line - and hanging with Raydine, "not only because of the great cut and color, but also for the pleasant conversation and overall sense of comfort." Carrie L. calls Raydine the "best hidden secret in Chicago."
Reviews like these are how Raydine gets a 4.5-star average rating on Yelp. Curly-haired ladies in particular give her the big-ups:
- "Wow! Raydine knows how to handle curly hair! … Totally professional, and not a nightclub atmosphere. I'm new to the area, and finding a hair stylist I genuinely like who gets the job done was a great find." - Arlene A.
- "I love Raydine! ... I recommend her to everyone, but especially those with curly hair. She really understands curly hair and continues to educate herself on products and techniques." - Riki C.
- "My hair had ballooned to three times the size of my body. I'd been used to my hair feeling sluggish...irregular, but nothing had prepared me for this. I'd tried yo-yo straightening methods, but the string always got caught...in my hair. Raydine's the only solution that's worked." - Marguerite F.
If you want a completely new ’do, Raydine can transform your look with her mad cutting, styling and coloring skills. It's probably a good idea to schedule dye and highlight jobs on dates separate from your straightening appointment, though, so that you can at least catch some sunlight on the day you get your hair done. Luckily, Raydine has evening hours for all of us nine-to-fivers (open Tues-Fri 12-8 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m.-5 p.m.). Like a good neighbor, she offers free bang trims in between cuts, and according to Yelper Andrea K. those cuts "last a long time, like two months between cuts long."
Some benefits of straightened hair:
- The shortest distance between two hair ends is a straight hair
- Curly hair takes longer to stroke
- Look like Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers in the “Under the Bridge” music video
- No such thing as a curly mohawk
- Straight-haired people make higher salaries (this is actually true) and have straighter spines
When we celebrate the year 2100, LIFE magazine will do a 21st century retrospective issue and put Chicago Hair Care’s amazing deal on the cover. Become part of history: Get your Groupon.
Want to know what Monday's Groupon will be? Every Friday we post a hint on our Facebook Page. Come find the hint - and while you're at it, become our Facebook fan! If you successfully guess our next Groupon, we will award you with a free JoeMap.