Sharing a meal out strengthens family bonds in a civilized way, unlike invading the neighborhood block party and laying siege to the bounce castle. Subjugate your hunger with today’s Groupon to Food Inc. Trattoria. Choose between the following options:
- For $26, you get a meal for two (up to a $56 value), which includes:
- One salad or starter platter (up to a $9 value)
- Two entrees (up to an $11.50 value each)
- Two glasses of wine (up to a $12 value each)<p>
- For $49, you get a meal for four (up to a $112 value), which includes:
- Two salads or starter platters (up to a $9 value each)
- Four entrees (up to an $11.50 value each)
- Four glasses of wine (up to a $12 value each)<p>
Food Inc. Trattoria amplifies its menu of Mediterranean fare with a rotating selection of wines by the glass, many culled by a dedicated wine buyer from lesser known domestic and international vineyards. The European-café setting welcomes groups with culinary chores, such as raking organic, baby mixed greens from the chicken mediterranean salad or using a leaf blower to ration out various Italian meats and cheeses from the charcuterie-and-cheese plate. For main courses, cooks roll by hand the ricotta-cheese gnocchi and ladle the bundles with creamy sauce, prosciutto, and peas, and ravioli grace the dinner table with fillings of chicken, ricotta cheese, wild mushrooms, or butternut squash. Diners can augment flavors by tickling taste buds with a feather before each bite or sipping from the wine menu, which piques palates with monthly themes, such as November’s red wines of Spain, or the eatery’s newest addition, Louis Bernard Gigondas from Rhône, France.
Food Inc. Trattoria
Food Inc. Trattoria seeks its inspiration from near and far. Beginning with as many locally sourced ingredients as possible, the eatery's chefs prepare seasonally rotating selections of pan-Mediterranean bistro cuisine.
- Organic: A toasted baguette cradles organic mixed greens, spicy lamb sausage, and roasted-pepper aioli.
- Seasonal: Whenever they are available, fresh figs appear in a salad of mixed greens with sweet Italian gorgonzola and walnuts.
- Vegan: Creamy hummus and avocado, crisp cucumbers, asparagus, and tomato are sandwiched between slices of seeded whole-wheat bread, creating a vegan-friendly dish.
- Homemade: Chefs hand make each piece of ricotta gnocchi before cooking the dumplings and adding prosciutto, peas, and cream sauce.
The Wine Cellar
Rather than stick with just the basics, Food Inc. Trattoria's wine buyer hopes to introduce diners to lesser known varietals and winemaking regions. Greek moschofilero, French picpoul de pinet, and a rosé of Californian carignan represent a few choices from the everchanging list. The staff eagerly recommends bottles to share with a group of friends or newly discovered spirit animals.
Everything is really delicious, and made with high quality ingredients.Genevieve M., Yelp, 4/27/11
90% of 133 customers recommend
“Don't miss the tiramisu.”
“Very nice wait staff”
2800 California St.
San Francisco, California 94115