Knowing only one language can make traveling difficult, and forces frustrated backpackers to ask for directions with hand gestures and attempt to order take-out with binary. Expand your borders with this Groupon.
$135 for a One-Week Spanish-Language Camp (Up to $350 Value)
Classes are held in the following locations:
- ILM Academy, held the week of July 1
- Westside Event Center, held the weeks of June 10 and July 22
- Bayou Village School, held the week of July 1 and every week from August 5 to August 23
- Planet Wow, held the weeks of June 10, June 17, July 15, and August 5
- Pearland Community Center, held every week from August 12 to August 23
- Church of Holy Apostles, held every week from June 17 to July 5
- Pump It Up, held every week from June 10 to August 2
- Shining Stars Academy, held the week of June 24 and every week from July 8 to August 5
With classes taught almost exclusively in Spanish and focusing on conversation, these camps held around the Houston area are designed for children aged 6–10. Classes, which accommodate a maximum of 25 and minimum of 8 students, run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Campers should bring their own lunch, snacks, and a water bottle. Click here to view a sample schedule of a typical day and here for more information about the camps. Classes that run during the week of July 1 do not meet on Thursday, July 4.
Futura Language Professionals
In a world that's constantly shrinking due to communication technology, the ease of travel, and a mad scientist's reduction beam, bilingual people have a distinct advantage over single-language speakers. Futura Language Professionals embraces this development and prepares its students to tackle international affairs through schools scattered from Minnesota to Florida, offering accessible language courses with a special emphasis on Spanish. Degreed, native-speaking teachers lead classes with a balance of vocabulary and cultural lessons on music, art, and food. Summer camps and afterschool programs await students ages 3–12, whereas adults can hone their communication savvy in classes designed for business conversations, allowing expansion into overseas markets and more successful collaboration when making amusement parks on the moon.