Gaia Shasta Hotel - Anderson, CA
One- or Two-Night Stay for Up to Four in a Standard Room with Breakfast for Two. Combine Up to Eight Nights.
Serene, Eco-Friendly Hotel on Banks of Sacramento River
Gaia Shasta Hotel strives to maintain harmony with its natural environment. Out front, desert brush borders a lagoon filled with swans and colorful koi fish, and the Sacramento River flows by just steps away. Gaia's commitment to eco-friendly practices is evident throughout the hotel. Natural spa treatments incorporate herbs and elderberries grown onsite, and tubular skylights help to save energy by diffusing sunlight throughout the interior.
Guest rooms are decorated in neutral earth tones, and picture windows afford ample views of surrounding woodlands. Outdoors, a relaxing whirlpool spa is purified using natural saline instead of chlorine or other chemicals. The onsite Lotus Spa offers invigorating body wraps and hot-stone massages for weary backs or stressed-out pet rocks.
At the hotel's restaurant, Woodside Grill, chef Gregory McChristian prepares entrees using local ingredients wherever possible. Breakfast options include french toast made with a rustic baguette. Adhering to Gaia's earth-friendly, socially conscious mission, the eatery composts leftovers and regularly donates food to local families in need.
Anderson, California: Quiet Town amid Sacramento Valley's Natural Grandeur
Situated along the Sacramento River in northern California's Sacramento Valley, Anderson is an ideal outpost for exploring nearby lakes, waterfalls, and backcountry trails. Kayaking and whitewater rafting are popular on the river, and skiers flock to Mount Shasta, located about an hour's drive away. Closer to Anderson, the bustling city of Redding boasts authentic Mexican restaurants, historical museums, and Sundial Bridge, which spans the river and rivals Andre the Giant's wristwatch as one of the world's largest timepieces.
What You Get
Stay for up to four in a standard room with breakfast for two
- Option 1: $79 for a one-night stay, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday (up to a $139 value)
- Option 2: $85 for a one-night stay, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday (up to a $129 value)
- Option 3: $160 for a two-night stay, valid for check-in Friday (up to a $258 value)
Book by: 2/1/13
Travel by: 5/29/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Included in all options:
- $10 per person per day credit for breakfast for two
- Onsite restaurant
- Full-service spa
- Outdoor saline pool and spa
- Fitness center
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 2/1/13 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 5/29/13
- Limit 4 per person, may buy 4 additional as gifts
- Limit 4 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- Must cancel by 3pm X days prior to arrival or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies. Must be 18 or older to check in
- 10% tax not included
- Breakfast credit not valid for alcohol, tax, or gratuity.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In All Included Rooms
- One king bed or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4 for queen room, 4 with rollaways for king room (available for $10 per night)
- Adding occupants above standard: no additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Wireless Internet
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for $10 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 25 pounds may be added for $25 per pet per stay.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: upgrade to a king or queen lagoon-view room for $10 per night, based on availability.
- By plane: about 5 miles from Redding Municipal Airport (RDD)
- By car: about 11 miles south of Redding; about 150 miles north of Sacramento
The Groupon Guide to: a Pretty Flower
Once in a great while, a fleeting glimpse of natural color may catch your eye, and you will become lost in the simple wonder of gazing at a pretty flower. Here is how to do so correctly:
Look at the flower. It is beautiful.
You may be tempted to pick the flower. Do not—simply let it be.
Lean in and smell the flower. If you are allergic to flowers you may wish to skip this step or, instead, you can just use a flexible twig to first prod the folds of the flower gently to ensure that it is free of honeybees, which may sting or startle.
Again, you may become tempted to pick the flower, justifying the floracide by picturing the flower adorning your sweetheart’s hair or lapel. Continue to resist. If your honeybunch is the sort to manipulate you into murdering flowers so they can cultivate an anachronistic aesthetic, you’re better off just spending the rest of the day staring at this flower while their coffee goes cold waiting for you at the coffee shop.
Keep them waiting. Your mother was right about them. Just like this guide is right about flowers.