MacCallum House Inn & Restaurant - Mendocino, CA
Two-Night Stay for Two with Complimentary Breakfast and a Bottle of Wine
Elegant 19th-Century Inn near Pacific Coast
With its gabled, buttercream-colored exterior, MacCallum House Inn looks like a frosted gingerbread cottage that was airlifted from a fairy tale and set down on two flowering acres near California's coast. In reality, the Victorian-inspired inn was constructed in 1882 as a wedding present from an early Mendocino resident for his daughter, Daisy MacCallum, a socialite and world traveler. Since being converted into an inn, it has earned mentions in Wine Spectator, Coastal Living, and the New York Times, which wrote “there is no better place to spend an entire evening than MacCallum House.”
The inn’s luxurious MacCallum suites overlook the town of Mendocino from a hilltop about four blocks from the main house. Uniquely decorated suites 25–33 feature sloping ceilings and rich wood furnishings. Each suite has a fireplace and a jetted tub, and all suites have large windows looking out to the grounds or to the ocean.
At the nationally recognized MacCallum House Restaurant in the main house, chef Alan Kantor decorates plates with organic fare that draws from the area's seasonal produce, including wild chanterelle and porcini mushrooms from the surrounding forests. In the morning, the restaurant serves breakfast supplemented by coffee or tea. Afterward, guests can stroll around the magnificently tended gardens.
Mendocino, California: Ocean-Side Town with Artist Community and Nearby Wineries
Located about 150 miles north of San Francisco, the quiet coastal town of Mendocino became popular in 1850s with loggers who harvested the area’s towering redwoods and enlivened its saloons, pools, and fast houses. Today, the redwoods continue to thrive, though the village has since eschewed its rowdy reputation and become a popular spot for artists drawn to its beautiful bluffs. The Mendocino Art Center displays some of these artists’ works, ranging from ceramics and sculptures to paintings and wood furnishings.
Several day trips lie within an hour's drive of the town. Nearby vineyards offer tours and tastings of their wines, from Esterlina Vineyards' cabernet sauvignon to Husch Vineyards' pinot noir. Head 30 miles east of town to see the earth’s tallest trees—the coastal redwoods—at Montgomery Woods State Park, or take a scenic drive down Shoreline Highway to arrive at Point Arena Lighthouse, one of the West Coast's tallest climbable lighthouses.
What You Get
Two-night stay for two with a bottle of wine
- Option 1: $275 to check in Sunday–Wednesday; valid for any room except No. 13, 17, 19, 20, and 34 (up to a $523 value)
- Option 2: $459 to check in Friday or Saturday; valid for suites 25–33 (up to a $798 value)
Book by: 1/11/13
Travel by: 4/30/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Complimentary organic breakfast
- Nationally renowned onsite restaurant
- Uniquely furnished rooms
- Complimentary Internet access
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 1/11/2013 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 4/30/2013
- Not valid 11/21-11/24, 12/21-12/31, or 2/14-2/18
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift
- Limit 1 per visit
- Valid for check in Sun-Wed or Fri-Sat based on option purchased
- All cancellations subject to $40 fee
- 7-day cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 16% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed or one queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $40 per night for each additional guest 6 or older; no charge for additional guests 5 or younger
- Complimentary Internet access
- Shikai bath products
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets may be added for $40 per night.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: available for an additional fee.
- By plane: about 95 miles from Charles M. Schulz - Sonoma County Airport (STS)
- By car: about 160 miles north of Oakland
The Groupon Guide to: Cute Baby Names for Even Cuter Babies
It's hard to imagine cute babies being any cuter than they already are, but they could be even cuter if they also had a cute baby name. Here are some of the cutest baby names around:
- Grace Smelly
- Pillows the Baby
- (Giggling noise)