Oasis Suites - Outer Banks, NC
Two-Night Stay for Two in a Family or Executive Suite with Option for Couples Package
Boutique Hotel on Outer Banks Overlooking Roanoke Sound
Ninety-foot-tall sand dunes tower over a maritime thicket of tangled live oaks, cedars, and sweet-gum trees on the edge of the Albemarle Sound, just north of the town of Nags Head, North Carolina. These dunes can be seen across miles of ocean, which once made them a beacon for mariners. Today, the dunes are a mainstay attraction at Jockey's Ridge State Park for more than a million people yearly, as shifting winds constantly morph the surface and shape of the dunes. Five miles south on the Nags Head Causeway, Oasis Suites commands panoramic views of the surrounding windswept coastlines—a romantic hideaway set amid unspoiled wilderness.
The region's wild beauty comes into focus in the hotel's roomy suites, all of which feature picture windows that overlook the Roanoke Sound. Each floor plan is unique, with furniture chosen to complement its features, such as polished wood tables and dimpled leather couches.
The optional romance package is full of goodies, such as candles and bath salts, to help couples set the mood. The suites feature a jet spa tub, each room's king or queen bed comes strewn with silk rose petals, and guests can toast with a bottle of champagne or sparkling cider. In-suite couples massages are available for $140 per couple but must be reserved prior to arrival.
A boardwalk extends out into the sound from the hotel; couples can stroll the walkway and snuggle up under the canopy of the charming gazebo or try to go fishing for seafood and tuxedoed waiters to create their own romantic dinner. Just minutes down the causeway, Bodie Island's pristine beaches stretch for miles in either direction, inviting long, leisurely walks.
North Carolina's Outer Banks: Coastal Wilds Rich with History
The iconic sand dunes at Jockey's Ridge State Park—located about five minutes south of the Oasis Suites—helped it earn National Natural Landmark status in 1974. It's one of the many swatches of protected land and historical landmarks located along North Carolina's Outer Banks.
The notorious Edward Teach—better known as Blackbeard—is said to have roamed the waters off Hatteras Island in the 18th century, and may have contributed to some of the hundreds of shipwrecks for which the Outer Banks used to be infamous. Visitors can examine the region's history through its shipwrecks at the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum on Cape Hatteras.
The drive from Oasis Suites to the museum is an attraction in itself; the highway runs for more than 60 miles along a gorgeous strip of protected national seashore between the Pamlico Sound and the Atlantic Ocean. Along the same road, more than 365 species of birds inhabit the Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge.
What You Get
Two-night stay for two in a family suite or executive suite
- Option 1: $229, valid 11/6/12–11/30/12 (up to a $500 value)
- Option 2: $147, valid 12/1/12–3/22/13 (up to a $352 value)
Two-night stay for two in a family suite or executive suite with couples package
- Option 3: $279, valid 11/6/12–11/30/12 ($619 value)
- Option 4: $189, valid 12/1/12–3/22/13 (up to a $471 value)
Included in couples package
- Silk rose petals and candles
- Bottle of champagne or sparkling cider
- Vase of fresh roses
- Bath salts
Book by 1/4/13 for Options 2 and 4
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Waterfront gazebo with grill
- Dockside fishing and crabbing
- Fitness center
- Docking for boats
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 1/4/13 for Dec-Mar options or promotional value expires
- Valid for travel 11/6/12-11/30/12 or 12/1/12-3/22/13 based on option purchased
- Not valid 12/24-12/25, 12/28-31, or 2/14-2/16
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift
- Limit 1 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 10-day cancellation notice required or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 21 or older to check in or to drink alcohol
- Not valid with reward points
- 11.75% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king, one queen, two king, or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $30 per night for each additional guest
- Jet spa tub and separate shower
- Full kitchen with modern appliances
- Flat-screen TV in all rooms
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: available at booking for an additional fee
- By plane: 94 miles from Norfolk International Airport (ORF)
- By car: about 82 miles south of Chesapeake, Virginia
- Oasis Suites will do guests' grocery shopping for them with 24-hour advance notice.
- The outdoor pool is closed until April.
The Groupon Guide to: VCR Troubleshooting
Though VCR machines are starting to lose popularity because of DVDs, there are still millions of people using them right at this very moment. If you're one of those millions and you're having problems, consult this handy VCR troubleshooting guide:
PROBLEM: The picture looks fuzzy.
SOLUTION: Though a loose connection could be at fault, it's much more likely that this fuzziness is due to a buildup of hair. Get rid of that hair the easy way—by poking around inside your VCR with a lit candle.
PROBLEM: There's a picture, but no sound plays.
SOLUTION: If you remembered to feed the VCR machine both the video and audio cassettes, then the culprit is definitely the hair. Did you not light the candle before poking around? If you definitely lit the candle, then something you ate made your hair resistant to flames and you'll have to get it out by wedging your head into the VCR and hoping the hair eventually reattaches itself to your scalp.
PROBLEM: The VCR is on fire.
SOLUTION: There's no way to determine how this fire started, but IT WAS NOT BECAUSE OF THE LIT-CANDLE SUGGESTION. To put it out, let the fire run its course. Now your VCR has been fire-cleaned!
PROBLEM: I get headaches while viewing movies.
SOLUTION: You're actually watching a DVD, which produces an irritatingly clear picture. Get rid of the DVD machine right away by smashing it with your durable, eternally useful VCR.