Top Reasons to Visit A Cabin in the Woods
- A Cabin in the Woods is about 15 miles from Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Fodor's calls the 500,000-acre park "one of the great wild areas of the eastern United States.” There, you can see ancient hemlock trees and wildflowers along the Appalachian Trail.
- The cabins are set on 30 acres of mountain wilderness near the Little Pigeon River.
- Hiking trails wind through the mountain forests, leading to the Little Pigeon River and a trout-fishing stream.
- Each log cabin has a fully equipped kitchen with stone countertops. With this deal, you get a discount on bag lunches to take on hiking trips.
- Wood floors, log-frame beds, and rock fireplaces help lend a rustic feel to the guest rooms.
Cosby, Tennessee: Appalachian Wilderness near Lively Entertainment
Among the many Appalachian peaks rising above Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the nearly 5,000-foot Mount Cammerer stands out: it has a glassed-in fire tower at its summit, which boasts 360-degree views of surrounding hardwood forests. Starting near the town of Cosby, the Lower Mount Cammerer Trail wends up the alpine cliffs. Although challenging, the trail remains accessible year-round to well-bundled climbers and sniffles-prone mountain goats thanks to eastern Tennessee's moderate climate. Linking to the Mount Cammerer path, the Appalachian Trail forms a gateway to thousands of miles of hiking. The area also offers multiple whitewater rafting and zipline options.
About 20 miles to the east of Cosby, the entertainment enclaves of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge feature country-music revues and live comedy shows.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
55% of 40 customers recommend
“It wasn't quite what we were expecting but we had a great time!”
“This was a very enjoyable trip. From the moment we walked in, we felt at welcome and excited about the cabin. The hot tub was great, everything worked fine, and the...”
“This was a very enjoyable trip. From the moment we walked in, we felt at welcome and excited about the cabin. The hot tub was great, everything worked fine, and the scener was amazing! And when we had issues with the raccoon in the roof, we were very grateful for the relocation to a new cabin”
“Most definitely a wonderful retreat for couples, would HIGHLY recommend it.”