Top Reasons to Visit Acadia Hotel
- Acadia Hotel is located in the seaside village of Bar Harbor, Maine, and it’s the only hotel situated right on the town’s Village Green—named one of the top Public Spaces in America by the American Planning Association.
- Since the hotel is in the center of Bar Harbor’s downtown area, it’s easy to walk to restaurants, shops, and museums. A car isn’t necessary to get around here; still, if you do bring one, you can park it for free at the hotel.
- Each of the 12 guest rooms is individually decorated and features a private bathroom.
- You can get a view of the mountains from your own private deck in the Cadillac Mountain suite. It’s larger than the standard king and queen rooms, with a separate bedroom and a jacuzzi tub.
- When the weather gets warmer, it’s popular to go biking at the nearby Acadia National Park; Acadia Hotel has free bike storage onsite.
Bar Harbor, Maine: Quaint Seaside Village on Coastal Maine Island near Cross-Country Skiing
Mount Desert Island has been a playground for the country's elite since the Gilded Age, when the era's captains of industry—such as the Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, Carnegies, and Astors—inhabited summer cottages there. Today's notable residents include media mogul and ladies’ arm-wrestling champ Martha Stewart. The Acadia Hotel sits in the heart of downtown Bar Harbor, an eastern port town that harks back to a bygone era; its pedestrian-friendly streets brim with boutique stores, restaurants, and specialty shops.
Just a few miles away is Acadia National Park, open year-round. Depending on the weather, you can cross-country ski or hike more than 120 miles of trails. In mid-April, the 3.5-mile road to the peak of Cadillac Mountain reopens. On a clear day, visibility can stretch 100 miles to encompass Maine's highest mountain, Mount Katahdin, and the Canadian province of Nova Scotia in the distance.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
“Room was spotless, very quiet & manager was very helpful with giving us great food establishment options :) would love to go back and stay again in the Cadillac...”
“Room was spotless, very quiet & manager was very helpful with giving us great food establishment options :) would love to go back and stay again in the Cadillac Mountain suite!”
“A very nice experience for our first time in bar harbor clean rooms, great location, friendly atmosphere”
“excellent. very clean. friendly staff. great location. owner on premises.”
20 Mount Desert Street
Bar Harbor, ME 04609