Escorted Tour of Tokyo and Kyoto
This trip starts in fast-paced, ultramodern Tokyo, makes stops in Hakone and Mount Fuji, and ends in Kyoto, where you'll see old Japan's traditions and culture. In between, you'll explore the area around iconic Mount Fuji, and see a bit of the Japanese countryside, with optional tours to visit the cities of Nara & Osaka. See the full trip itinerary here.
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX) on Singapore Airline
- Transportation between each city
- 6 nights standard room accommodations in quality hotels
- Daily breakfast
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Round trip airport transfers
- Orientation tour in each city
- One dinner
Days 1–3: Tokyo
The trip kicks off in Tokyo, Japan’s modern capital city, where shrines and stone lanterns are scattered among glittering skyscrapers. A half-day city tour will take you to the city's best-known landmarks, including the Imperial Palace, once inhabited by samurai warriors in the 15th century. Today it's the modern-day residence of the emperor of Japan. Suggested activities include:
- Temple Senso-ji: Located at the end of the famous Nakamise Dori shopping street, this 7th-century temple is Japan's oldest, honoring the Buddhist deity of mercy and compassion
- Tsukiji Fish Market: The world's largest and busiest fish market hosts a live tuna auction every morning at 5 a.m. Catch the show while enjoying a sushi breakfast.
- Enjoy a picnic: at Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, whose 143 acres include English, French, and traditional Japanese gardens, as well as a Taiwanese Pavilion
- Take something home: shop at the storied Ginza shopping district
Days 4–5: Mount Fuji
In the morning of Day 4, you’ll board a bus to Mount Fuji that climbs Japan’s iconic volcano to a lookout station at 7,550 feet above sea level. Suggested activities include:
- A scenic cruise on Lake Ashi is included with this deal. You'll sail out onto this crater lake, for spectacular views of Mount Fuji.
- Hakone Ropeway: Take in the scenery as this aerial tram soars above hot springs, blue waters of Lake Ashi, and volcanic fumes of Owakudani.
Days 6–8: Kyoto
Kyoto was Japan’s capital for 1,000 years, and its glorious past is honored in its thousands of monuments and UNESCO World Heritage sites. During your two-day stay here, you’ll visit some of these landmarks and sample Japan’s finest cuisine, alongside optional tours of Nara and Osaka, and the Kyoto to Tokyo bullet train. Suggested activities include:
- Kyoto’s most famous temple: Kinkaku-ji or “The Golden Pavilion” is covered in gold leaf, casting an iridescent reflection on the surrounding water.
- The Kyoto International Manga Museum pays tribute to the country’s zealous comic-book culture. You’re encouraged to read a selection from the rows of wooden book shelves.
- Optional Japanese dinner: in the Gion Corner, which includes traditional plates of raw fish and potted meats, and various Geisha-style performances ($100)
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Alternate departure gateways available based on airline availability, surcharge may apply. Please call Affordable Asia Tours at 888-737-2742 to find out the exact price.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Each room has two beds. The maximum number of adults that can stay in one room is two. One child under 12 can stay with two parents in the same room without extra bed. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. $100 discounts apply to children under 12 years old during the booking process.