11-Day Tour of China and Thailand with Stops in Bangkok and Beijing
The tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from LAX on Air China
- 3 nights at 4-star Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
- One night at Felix River Kwai Resort in Kanchanaburi
- One night at Krungsri River Hotel in Ayutthaya
- One night at 4-star Long Beach Garden Hotel & Spa in Pattaya
- Three nights at the 4-star DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Beijing
- Daily breakfast and some meals (see itinerary)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Round-trip airport transfers in each city
- Orientation tour in each city
See the full itinerary here
Days 1–4: Bangkok
Thailand’s capital city, Bangkok is home to a breathtaking assortment of temples and statues, including the Emerald Buddha. Carved from a single block of jade, this Buddha—which now resides in Bangkok's Grand Palace—is considered the holiest and most revered in all of Thailand. The Emerald Buddha is one of the many marvels you'll see during the first leg of your trip.
- Other famous Buddhas: The 700-year-old Golden Buddha at Wat Trimitr is the world's largest gold statue at five tons; you could also see the Reclining Buddha statue at the Wat Pho temple
- Local flower markets overflow with rare orchids, lotuses, and vibrant marigolds, which are considered a lucky charm in Thailand
- Optional tours: The Landmark of Bangkok Tour and Boat Ride includes stop at the Royal Grand Palace and the Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall, which houses a collection of exotic Thai art from local artists ($60 per person)
Accommodations: Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
Day 5: River Kwai
Journey northwest to see the famous bridge over the River Kwai, built in World War II by prisoners of war and featured in David Lean's classic film, The Bridge on the River Kwai.
- The Hellfire Pass museum: honors the thousands of men and women who died during the railroad’s construction.
- Optional tours include a half-hour elephant ride, followed by a raft trip along the river in a traditional bamboo boat ($45 per person)
Accommodations: Felix River Kwai Resort
Days 6–8: Ayutthaya and Pattaya
Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ayutthaya was once the capital of Thailand—then known as Siam—for several centuries. On a tour of the city, you'll see temples dating back to this era, many with intricately carved stone spires.
- The Bang Pa-In Palace: features a mix of Gothic, Chinese, and Baroque architectural styles, as well as a topiary garden filled with shrubs pruned to resemble elephants and rabbits
- Optional excursion: Take a dinner cruise a traditional wooden rice barge where you’ll enjoy an Ayutthaya feast, which might include spicy prawn stew, and thai-style crab cakes ($40 per person)
- Hold a baby tiger: at a tiger zoo and crocodile farm in the city of Si Racha (yes, the hot sauce originated here), where you’ll stop during your drive to Pattaya
Accommodations: Krungsri River Hotel & Long Beach Garden Hotel & Spa
Days 9–11: Beijing
The final leg of the trip brings you to China's capital city and the site of the 2008 Olympic Games. During your three nights here, you'll have some free time and the chance to take an optional tour of the Great Wall.
- Tiananmen Square has been the site of pivotal political and social moments in Chinese history; a gate leads to the famed Forbidden City, the palace for Chinese emperors for nearly five centuries
- Head to the Shichahai Lakes: for seasonal activities such as ice skating or row boating
- Optional Visit to the Great Wall: Experience one of the wonders of the world during an optional day trip to the Great Wall of China, with a stop at the Jade Factory on the way back ($49 per person)
Accommodations: Double Tree Hilton Beijing
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Alternate departure gateways available based on airline availability, surcharge may apply. Please call Affordable Asia Tours at 888-737-2742 to find out the exact price.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?>
After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply to children under 12 years old during the booking process. Please contact Affordable Asia Tours for details.