Hotel at a Glance: America's Paradise Resort
America's Paradise Resort sits along Kentucky Lake in the scenic Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, a forested park known for its elk and bison, historical Civil War battle sites, and Golden Pond Planetarium and Observatory.
- Private condos are located on the waterfront and include full kitchens, whirlpool tubs, and outdoor decks.
- Children's playground: Kids can swing, slide, and unleash their imaginations in a wooden playhouse modeled after a boat.
- Cruise down the river aboard the CQ Princess on a guided search for bald eagles along the shoreline of Kentucky Lake.
- Explore the area: Head into a nearby town for antique shopping or tour Fort Donelson National Battlefield, where General Ulysses S. Grant led his troops to one of the first major Union victories of the Civil War.
- Stargaze at the Golden Pond Planetarium, which hosts holiday-themed events throughout December, including a laser light show set to Christmas music.
Murray, Kentucky: Scenic Town near Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area is named for its unusual position between two adjacent bodies of water: Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley. Although it bustles with boats and tourists in the summer, there's still plenty to do in the here in winter. The historic Tennessee farmstead known as The Homeplace hosts holiday events such as "Christmas in 1850," where visitors craft traditional 19th-century decorations, make baked goods, and sing Christmas carols. The colder months are also prime time for bald-eagle watching. On a guided tour, staff members lead groups to eagle-viewing hot spots around the park and set up wildlife scopes for a better look. It's also worth it to drive around the 3.5-mile loop that winds through the nearby Elk & Bison Prairie. Herds of wild bison and elk roam the 700-acre enclosure, just as they once did, unenclosed, in this part of Kentucky 200 years ago.