Top Reasons to Visit Augustus Bove House
- Built in 1850 as one of the first summer hotels in Maine’s Lake District, Augustus Bove House is a charming farmhouse-style bed and breakfast overlooking Long Lake.
- Elegant guest rooms brim with Victorian accents, including lace-trimmed curtains, floral wallpapers, and lavish bedspreads. Suites are a bit more spacious, with separate sitting rooms.
- Friendly innkeepers David and Arlene Stetson have run the inn since 1984.
- Each morning, guests enjoy a freshly prepared breakfast in the inn’s dining room. Help yourself to complimentary coffee throughout the day.
- The inn is located just a few miles from Sebago Lake, a tranquil setting for swimming, sailing, or picnicking on the shoreline.
- Augustus Bove House is about an hour drive from White Mountain National Forest as well as the quaint lighthouses of Maine’s coastline.
Naples, Maine: Outdoorsy Resort Town near Sebago Lake
Situated in the White Mountains foothills just 30 miles northwest of Portland, Naples is a quiet resort town in the Sebago Lakes region. One of Maine’s five original state parks, Sebago Lake State Park encompasses 1,400 acres of woodlands and sandy beaches. It’s also home to the namesake Sebago Lake, Maine’s second-largest lake and a popular destination for boaters, swimmers, and anglers.
Across the street from the inn, take a ride on Long Lake aboard an old-timey paddleboat named the Songo River Queen II, a replica of the famed Mississippi River stern-wheelers. Two-hour cruises glide past Mount Washington, Pine Island, and palatial waterfront properties.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.